24 August 2008

AKC CGC

The Bishop and The Private came sprinting out of the training grounds, relief on the face of the latter, a proud smile lighting the former's visage. They raced past me at full speed, bounding on the trail near the woods.

The Lizard also exited, and seemed happy, but tired. I walked over to her, and asked, "I trust it went well?"

"It was amazing. The Private was the only student in her class to pass all the tests."

"Splendid!" I replied, "You led her well, then."

"That's the amazing thing, Genghis." She said, watching our compatriots celebrate near the trees. "When things seemed to be breaking apart, and I was getting nervous and frustrated, The Bishop suddenly took the lead, making course corrections as necessary. The Private took to his commands and executed... almost flawlessly!"

"The Bishop has been known to rise to the occasion when the chips are down, but I'd be willing to bet neither of them would have been successful if you hadn't provided your special recipe of hard work and communication." My comment made her astonishment turn to a full, and satisfied smile.

We continued to watch The Bishop and The Private gambol about, with a word of praise every now and then being tossed by The Lizard in their direction. It was good to see them happy, especially The Bishop, since so many days of recent past had been sorrowful for him.

"It's hard to comprehend that The Private will get promoted." I contemplated aloud.

"Comprehending won't be the problem. Putting up with The Bishop's pride in his protege' may be the issue, " she correctly noted.

1 comment:

Melissa Tyler said...

Congratulations to all involved. It's a big thing, and I'm proud of everyone. Extra piece of bacon to the Private ... er, Corporal?